1. Permission should be acquired for the use of any of these photographs, to avoid copyright violations. (I make the exception for "extremely moderate" use, which is defined by me to mean: 1 [one] copy printed on an inkjet printer, of no more than 6 [six] different photographs, for an individual's personal use and enjoyment). Each individual wishing to enjoy these photographs for personal use (as defined above) should print out the photograph themselves, on their own unique printer. A person cannot print out "extra" copies to give to friends who do not have printers. To do so would be a violation of this license. Such use requires that the person fill out a request for a price quote.
2. As the photographer and copyright owner, I have the exclusive right to exploit the copyright of each image.
3. Any unauthorized use constitutes an infringement of copyright law. Penalties can be severe.
4. As the photographer, and copyright owner, I own the exclusive right to the image and combining, altering, or scanning of these photographs. Any altering of any of these photographs may only be done after obtaining permission from me, the photographer.
5. Exceeding the terms of a license is an infringement. A new license is required prior to additional use. The price you pay for the photograph is only for the use you have described - and nothing more. If you decide later that you need to use the photograph for "something more", you need to request another new price quote for this "something more".
6. Permission (written or otherwise) from me (the copyright owner) must be obtained before using any image for any derivative uses. (For instance, an artist's rendering in another medium or re-creating the photograph in any way.) You may not make copies, either digital or printed, of the photograph for the purpose of relicensing or reselling the image (whether separately or in combination with other images) or for any other purpose except those you specifically describe. Also, you may not copy the image file for the purpose of transferring it, whether by gift or sale, to anyone else unless you specifically state that this is part of your purpose when you purchase rights for the photograph.
7. When you purchase rights to a photograph, your rights are limited to the specific purpose you described when you requested a price quote. No other rights are given, or implied.
8. The use of a photograph (or any part of it) for any use requires the permission of me, the copyright holder, (with the exception of the "extremely moderate use", which I define in the first paragraph of this page).
9. If you purchase rights to more than one image or photograph, each image may be used only for the use which you indicate when you buy rights to the image(s). You are not permitted to use the image, or any portions of the image, in any other way. Furthermore, you may not use these photographs or images in any way which is defamatory, pornographic or otherwise violates any applicable laws.
10. All rights are reserved except those specifically granted in this agreement.
11. This agreement is effective on the date you accept the agreement. You agree to pay me (the photographer) a certain amount, for a specific use, length of time, as agreed by you and the copyright holder (me). The license granted to you becomes effective only upon receipt by me (the photographer) of payment in full.
12. The photographer (that's me) warrants to you that I have the right to grant this license to you. Any necessary model and other releases are the responsibility of me, the photographer. If you require them it is your responsibility to confirm that I can supply them. Your sole and exclusive remedy for a breach of these warranties is a refund of the price you pay to the photographer to license the image. I do not make any other warranty, express or implied, including, without limitation, any implied warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. In no event shall I, the photographer, be liable for any damages whatsoever (including, without limitation, damages for loss of profits, business interruption, loss of information, or any other pecuniary loss) arising out of the use of or inability to use any image licensed hereunder.
13. You may not transfer or assign this license to a third party without written permission from me, the copyright holder and payment of any additional fees required by the copyright holder.
14. You must ensure that the copyright notice of each image is prominently displayed to viewers of the image. This can be in the form of "photograph: © JR Dunster", or "photograph: © Bearclover.net". Any photographs displayed on a web page should include a link, such as "photograph: © Bearclover.net".
All rights to the images displayed on Bearclover.net are owned by me (J.R. Dunster ) and is protected by all applicable copyright laws, international treaty provisions and other applicable laws. I retain all rights not expressly granted by this agreement. This license shall terminate immediately and automatically without notice from me (the photographer) if you fail to comply with any of the terms or conditions of this license agreement.
The wording of this license agreement has been adapted and inspired from AB Photo's site. Many thanks to them.